Are you passionate about making a real difference? Do you have time to volunteer and help our Donor Support and Fundraising team at the moment? Through volunteering you will gain experience of working within a fundraising environment for an international charity.
This volunteer role will primarily assist the Fundraising and Communications team with donor focused projects, review and research of new fundraising initiatives, with a focus on faith based initiatives and magazines.
What will I be doing?
This is a varied role and could include the following tasks –
- Providing support to key projects focussed on new and existing donors
- Liaise with Parish and Faith Magazines to raise the profile of Lepra
- Providing administrative support for virtual events and activities
- Conducting research to assist the fundraising team, predominantly into faith and parish magazines
- Working with the communications team to update social media and web pages and supply information to magazines as and when necessary
- General remote admin and assisting the donor support and fundraising team
Skills and attributes of benefit to the role
- Competent computer skills, particular in using Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge and use of social media platforms
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills, including on the telephone
- Proactive ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to learn new skills and enjoy being part of a team
What we can offer you as a volunteer
- Flexible hours to fit around your current schedule
- The opportunity to develop research and IT skills
- An insight into how a charity maintains and reviews their donors
- Experience within a charity fundraising and communications team
- References for future employers
- You will be contributing to Lepra’s work and the fight against leprosy
If you have spare time in your week whilst on Furlough, volunteering to join the fight against leprosy could be the role for you. If you are interested in this role, or would like to find out more, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01206 216700 today.